Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Intern!

Hi fellow peacemakers!
My name is Rebecca and I recently joined the Little Friends for Peace family a few weeks ago. I am currently in my final year of college at Eastern Mennonite University, and thought that this would be a good time to participate in the Washington Community Scholars program. Through this program, I will be spending my semester here in D.C. working within a service oriented organization, and with Justice, Peace, and Conflict Studies as my major and a love for children, LFFP seemed to be a perfect fit!
Already within these short weeks that I have been working with LFFP, I am learning about the great work being done here and the many opportunities there are for each of us to build peace right here within our communities. I am very excited to see what this new year will bring at Little Friends for Peace!
-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment